Tuesday, March 18, 2014

An Introduction

Hello, my lovelies. You can call me Bryarlynn, and if you haven't guessed by the name of this blog, I'm a little nuts about pop culture. Specifically, television and film, but I run the gamut on forms of media obsession. 

"So Bryarlynn," I imagine you have not asked, "what is Pop Culture Crazy?" Good question. Well, it's a bit of a work in progress, but this blog strives to analyze the importance of all kinds of fictional works. I'll be discussing common conventions and tropes of pop culture, and their prevalence in Western society. In addition, I'll post reviews of popular literature, musicals, television, and film, contributing information about the work's impact on society, and how it holds up today. And, because I am a terrible masochist, I might dip my foot into the ocean of crazy that is fanfiction. God help us all.

Also fangirling. Despite my occasional pretension, dear reader, I am a huge nerd. If I didn't love the mediums so much, this blog would not exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment